Jail & Prison Ministry
Matthew 5:46 says, “For if you love them which love you, what reward have you? Do not even sinners do the same?” It is our desire in this ministry to love those who have been rejected and who need hope beyond their current circumstances. The heart of this ministry is to take the gospel of Christ to men and women incarcerated in the prison system with love, compassion and an understanding that except for the grace of God we could be in the same condition.
Who Can Be Involved?
To be effective, you must have the feeling that God has called you and you have a deep conviction that He is sending you into this ministry for Christian service. Such a calling will give you the strength and compassion to face the setbacks and disappointments that are inherent in working with inmates and families of inmates. God will instill the faith you need in yourself and your abilities as a jail/prison volunteer.
When & Where Do Our Events Take Place?
We have multiple times from which you can choose. We have services at various county jails and at Warren Correctional Institute (the state prison) at various times during the month.
- Monday and Thursday Evenings - Butler County & Resolutions
- Thursday and Saturdays - Butler County Juvenile Detention Center ages 9-15
- Sunday Mornings - Juvenile Center and Butler County for Sunday School
- Lebanon Correctional - Thursday evenings (3-4 dates per year)
- Warren Correctional - 1st Sunday evening monthly (Hispanic)
- Warren Correctional - 4th Wednesday evening every odd month
- Warren Correctional - 1st Sunday morning monthly
Why Should Someone Become Involved?
Thousands in our area are incarcerated and in need of compassionate and caring servants of God to bring Christ’s message of hope and salvation to them. It is truly living out the scripture in Matthew 25:40 that says, “In as much as you have done it unto one of the least of these, you have done it unto Me.” The outreach to the hurting is a mandate of Scripture to all who follow Christ.
DIRECTOR OF JAIL & PRISON MINISTRY