This ministry of Princeton Pike, known as “Power Source”, is designed to reach out to those living in the inner-city. Its mission is to show the love of Christ by extending a loving hand to help those that are precious to God. The ministry originally started as a “Bus Ministry” in 1991 with the purchase of a van to transport the inner-city children of Hamilton to Princeton Pike Church of God.
Soon after, the Power Source Ministry outgrew the facility on Princeton Road and began leasing the Booker T. Washington Center to accommodate the needs of approximately 150 – 200 people who attend on a weekly basis.
The congregation of the First St. John United Church of Christ recognized the affect that the Power Source Ministry had on the community and donated their facility, located at 412 South Front Street in Hamilton, to Princeton Pike. On Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010, the Power Source Ministry began their services at the Front Street location.
Princeton Pike’s history has a legacy of outreach and commitment to meet the needs of the community. The gift of the First St. John facility provides a permanent home for this ministry and will create an opportunity for both churches to realize the fulfilled vision to serve the inner-city.
- Every Saturday at 11:00 AM
- The ministry teams visit the inner-city homes to invite people to the services held at Power Source.
- Every Sunday at 10:00 AM
- Sunday School classes for adults, teens, and children of all ages.
- Our mission is to provide the children a safe, loving and fun environment while engaging them in activities and biblical instruction.
- Every Sunday at 11:00 AM
- Full worship services with an anointed praise team and powerful messages.
- J.A.M. – Jesus And Me (Children’s Church Service) It’s our desire lead each child to a personal relationship with Jesus through knowing God’s Word and to help each child feel a sense of self-worth and belonging in God’s family.
- A Hot Lunch is served following the morning service.
- Every Thursday at 6:30 PM
- Last Monday of each month at 6:00 PM
- First St. John congregation provides a community meal.